Created by our ANNE community member Trine von Braucke.
(If you have recipe ideas and would like to collaborate with us click here. Amateurs and baking pros are all welcome!)
Trine von Braucke is a member of our community and an incredible amateur gluten-free baker. She enjoys experimenting and creating recipes to meet dietary restrictions, to tantalize taste buds, and put smiles on the faces of all to enjoy!
Check out her incredible Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Cake below with Maple Fudge Frosting. The perfect cake for a summer picnic of fall get-together!
(Please note that our fudge is not created in a certified gluten-free facility but it is considered gluten friendly.)
Anne’s Maple Fudge Frosting
- 220g (1 package) Maple Fudge (Please note that our fudge is not created in a certified gluten-free facility but it is considered gluten friendly)
- 250g cream cheese
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
2. Add 250g block of cream cheese (cut into cubes) and process for 15seconds until combined.
3. Scrape down sides and add ¼ cup of powdered sugar and process until silky smooth.
4. Frost cakes, cupcakes as desired.
5. I combined it with a pumpkin spice cake (recipe below) however would go well with vanilla or chocolate cake also.
Pumpkin spice cake
Double this recipe for layer cake
- 3/4 cup 1:1 gluten free flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice*
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown or golden sugar
- ⅔ cup 100% unsweetened pumpkin pureé
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit/180 degrees Celsius. Line desired cake pan with parchment paper or lightly spray muffin container (silicon work well).
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice* in a bowl.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture.
- Divide into muffin tray or cake pans.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes for muffins, for cakes allow 20-25 minutes or until the top of the cake springs back when touched and toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to rest in pan for 5 minutes to release steam before removing from pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- Frost when cakes are completely cool. Store in fridge up to 4 days. Can be made a day ahead to allow frosting to set.
To purchase our yummy Fudge with an "E" click here.