Shannon Hogan, a member of our FANNE Club & our recent 14 Day Delivering Happiness Challenge loves to bake. She learned from her mother and continues to carry on her legacy to this day, creating delicious recipes.
Shannon was kind enough to share one of her most recent ones using our Milk Chocolate Truffles with us!
Here's a little more about Shannon:
"Hello my name is Shannon and I am sure my second name is chocolate. Never met one I didn't like!! I am the youngest of 13, 9 of whom survived past their 5th birthday. Mom was always in the kitchen cooking and baking, without a recipe!! so as we girls got older she was more than happy to pass these jobs on to us. Little did she know how very much we all enjoyed this and how grateful we are for having had this opportunity.
Like mom, I like to play around with foods and come up with new and tasty creations, especially when it comes to baking. I am now the favorite sister/aunt/friend as you never know when I will be hit with the creating bug and come up with something oh so good!!
I never thought of adding chocolate to my muffins as they seemed so darn yummy as they were. But having added it takes this moist muffin it takes it to a whole new level. Be prepared to be hooked!!"
Maple Walnut and Anne's Chocolate Muffins1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. In one bowl mix:
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of walnut pieces (I like to crush mine a bit)
- 1-12 piece box of Anne of Green Gables Chocolate Milk Truffles cut in small pieces (I cut mine into 9 per square)
4. In second bowl mix all the wet ingredients:
- 3/4 cup of 2 % milk
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of apple sauce (I use cinnamon to add just a little flavor to the batter itself)
- 1 Large egg-at room temperature, beat before adding to the wet ingredients
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla or maple extract (if you want more maple flavor add maple)
5. Add the wet ingredients and mix just until moistened. Do not over mix!
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 3 tablespoons of sugar-I use brown
- 3 tablespoons of nuts
- The initial recipe said 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon but I just cover the above dried goods as I love cinnamon
Mix the above 4 ingredients together, then cut in 2 tablespoons of cold butter or margarine.1. Grease your muffin tins, then fill 2/3 full with batter. You should get 18 muffins from this batch. Once done cover each with the topping mixture, then place in the oven for 16-20 minutes. They are done when toothpick comes out clean.
2. Let cool a few minutes before serving.
3. You can easily freeze these muffins. Best served warm so pop in microwave for 15-20 seconds.
4. Enjoy 😉
To try this amazing recipe, you can purchase our Milk Truffles here!