Calling all fun loving & ambitious chocoholics!
Dear future member of the “A” Team,
- Are you looking for a job that is more than just a boring summer job?
- Do your friends call you the “outgoing one”?
- Can you identify with Anne Shirley’s playful and creative personality?
- Are you ambitious and want to start your career but don’t know where to start?
If the above rings a bell, then please keep reading!
Before we dive into the role, we should probably tell you a little more about us:
ANNE of Green Gables Chocolates began as a traditional chocolate shoppe in 1999. Our products are inspired by time-tested Island recipes that are just as yummy today as they were back then. Anne inspires everything we do, and we strive to reflect her colourful, and creative charm in our products, stores, and team members.
What’s the opportunity?
To work as a Seasonal Retail Salesperson within our “A” team at one of our 4 seasonal locations. The is the perfect place to start if you’re looking to build workplace experience.
Your number one priority is to look after our guests through the day-to-day operations of the store and work closely with store management.
Plus, you get to build long lasting friendships and make summer memories working with our “A” Team. (Check out our team reviews below for proof!)
Skills we’re looking for:
- The ability to “WOW” our guests with world-class service. Don’t worry, we give you the tools to always go above and beyond (like free samples)!
- The ability to handle responsibilities with confidence and integrity. Because you will be handling cash it’s super important, we can count on you.
- Pride in your shop. You will participate in keeping the store stocked, tidy, and clean. We love someone who helps make a fun and inviting work environment.
- A creative flare. Our ears are always open to new ideas for products, packaging, merchandising and more. This is not the place to hide your creative talents!
- Love to smile, laugh and make friends. We spend so much time with our fellow team members we like to hire folks who bring an awesome energy and vibe to our team.
- Retail sales experience. If you can hit the ground running that’s a huge plus.
The Nitty Gritty:
- You’ll report to the Store Manager
- Pay starts at $14.80 but can be higher based on experience
- Be prepared to stand for the duration of your shift
- Be able to bend and lift up to 30 lbs
- Have reliable transportation
- The role will be for the summer season with training beginning in April or May
- We are hiring for both part-time and full-time roles
- Staff discount on all products (yum!)
- Discounts at our family of businesses including COWS, MOO MOO BBQ Grilled Cheesery, Receiver and more.
- Weekly team games with a chance to win prizes! (gift cards, chocolate, etc.)
- “I Deliver Happiness Cards” so you can share chocolates with your friends and family, for free!
- An end of season party to celebrate your hard work.
To apply please complete this easy form and attach a copy of your resume.
(Should you run into difficulty please email email@example.com).
What’s it like to work for ANNE of Green Gables Chocolates? Hear from some of our current team members:
“Working at AGGC makes me feel excited to come to work every day! Getting to interact with people from all over the world and deliver happiness to them through our chocolates is so rewarding!
The environment is very welcoming and fun so you can always be yourself. There is always a very open sense of communication and a positive energy!
Someone who is outgoing, motivated and has a big personality would fit in really well here at AGGC.
It’s also a great job for animal lovers as we have two office dogs and our stores are dog friendly.”
-Vicky, Part of the “A” team since 2019
“Working at AGGC was the best decision I ever made! Between the amazing people that surround you and the delicious chocolates we carry it’s hard not to love it.
You get to see people from all over the world who come just to eat our famous COW Chips and deliver happiness to all your customers. Not only are the customers amazing, but the staff could not get any better, it’s a great place to make new friends!
Someone who is motivated, positive and has a passion for delivering happiness would fit in really well here at AGGC.
Plus, who wouldn’t want to work in a chocolate store?!”
-Hannah, Part of the “A” team since 2021
"I feel proud to say that it has been almost a year since I joined ANNE Chocolates and it has been one of the best decisions of my life. Our team is made up of hardworking and super friendly leaders and team members. They work hard to create a good working environment and I always feel fully supported and appreciated.
It’s also a wonderful feeling to spread happiness to our guests through our chocolates!"
-Sneha, Part of the "A" team since 2022