ANNEiversary Scratch and Win Contest Terms
THE “ANNEiversary Scratch and Win” CONTEST CONTEST RULES (the “Rules”)
The “ANNEiversary Scratch and Win” contest (the “Contest”) is organized by ANNE of Green Gables Chocolates (the “Contest Sponsor”). The Contest begins on Monday, January 1, 2024 at 12:00am AST or store opening, whichever is later (the “Contest Opening Date”), and ends on Tuesday, December 31, 2023 at 11:59pm AST or store closing, whichever is earlier (the “Contest Closing Date”).
1. ELIGIBILITY The Contest is open to all residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence by the Contest Opening Date, except for employees, agents, mandataries and representatives of the Contest Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, affiliated companies, advertising or promotion agencies, the suppliers of material, prizes and services related to this Contest, and any other stakeholder directly related to the holding of the Contest, as well as the members of their immediate family (father, mother, brothers, sisters, children and legal or de facto spouse) and anyone with whom these employees, representatives and agents reside. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency prior to being declared a winner.
2. HOW TO PLAY Commencing on Monday, January 1, 2024 at 12:00am AST or store opening, whichever is later, customers at any ANNE of Green Gables stores in Prince Edward Island will receive one Contest Scratch Card with any purchase of $25.00 or more, while supplies last. Each Scratch Card contains one (1) scratch section (“Scratch Here”), that when uncovered, reveals a Prize or “Please Play Again” message printed on the card. A prize message will describe the specific prize available to be won. To claim your prize, refer to instructions which follow under General Rules, but to be eligible, all prize claims must be redeemed by March 2, 2025 at 11:00pm AST.
3. SCRATCH CARDS There are a total of approximately ,000 Scratch Cards produced. Scratch Cards will be available for distribution through to December 31, 2024 at 11:59pm AST or store closing, whichever is earlier, or while supplies last, whichever occurs first.
4. PRIZES AVAILABLE The following prizes are available to be won at the beginning of the Contest across Canada in relation to Scratch Cards (each, a “Prize”):
i. One (1) Prize of Twenty-five thousand dollars Canadian ($25,000 CDN)
ii. One (1) Prize of 2,500 AIR MILES® Reward Miles
iii. Ten (10) Prizes of Free Pet Food for a year. Approximate retail value of Pet Food for a year is estimated to be One Thousand dollars Canadian ($1,000 CDN)
iv. Ten (10) Prizes of Five thousand dollars Canadian ($5,000 CDN)
v. Fifty (50) Prizes of One hundred dollars Canadian ($100 CDN) Global Pet Foods Gift Cards. Valid for use at any Global Pet Foods location across Canada.
vi. Ninety-four Thousand Three Hundred and Fifty (94,350) Prizes of a Free Treat (up to $3.99 value). This is an “Instant Win” Prize and redeemable at time of scratching the card.
vii. Ninety-one Thousand One Hundred (91,100) Prizes of Five (5) AIR MILES® Bonus Miles. This is an “Instant Win” Prize and redeemable at time of scratching the card
5. ODDS OF WINNING The overall approximate odds in Canada of being eligible to win are outlined as follows:
i. Twenty-five thousand dollars Canadian ($25,000 CDN): 1 in 462,000
ii. 2,500 AIR MILES® Reward Miles: 1 in 462,000
iii. Free Pet Food for a Year: 1 in 46,200
iv. Five thousand dollars Canadian ($5,000 CDN): 1 in 46,200
v. One hundred dollars Canadian ($100 CDN) Global Pet Foods Gift Card: 1 in 9,240
vi. Free Treat: 1 in 5
vii. Five (5) AIR MILES® Bonus Miles: 1 in 5
6. GENERAL RULES
i. Contest commences on January 1, 2024 at 12:00am AST or store opening, whichever is later, and Scratch Cards will be available at all ANNE of Green Gables Chocolates locations in Prince Edward through December 31, 2024 at 11:59pm AST or store closing, whichever is earlier, or while supplies last, whichever occurs first. To be eligible, INSTANT WIN prizes as outlined above claims must be redeemed in store by March 1, 2025 at 11:59pm AST. To be eligible, all other prizes must be claimed through the ANNE of Green Gables Corporate Office in Charlottetown, PEI by March 1, 2025 at 11:00pm AST.
ii. All “Winning” Scratch Cards for twenty-five thousand dollars Canadian ($25,000 CDN), 2,500 AIR MILES® Reward Miles, Free Pet Food for a Year, five thousand dollars Canadian ($5,000 CDN), and one hundred dollars Canadian ($100 CDN) Global Pet Foods Gift Card have been individually inspected, produced, and confirmed to be completely legible. Liability for irregular, illegible, or blank Scratch Cards is limited to replacement with another Scratch Card, while supplies last. If, due to a production, printing error, or any other type of error, there are more Prize claims than Prizes for any level, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining Prizes for that level through a random drawing of all eligible Prize claims for that level. It is extremely rare to receive an irregular, illegible, or blank Scratch Card, but should it occur, it could only be for a mass produced Free Treat Prize, five (5) AIR MILES® Bonus Miles Prize, or a Please Play Again message. If this should occur, return the irregular, illegible, or blank Scratch Card to the Staff Member in store and they will provide you with a new Scratch Card, while supplies last.
iii. Contest Scratch Cards obtained through unauthorized sources or which are incomplete, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forged, counterfeited, or irregular in any way, are automatically void. No Scratch Card copies, duplicates, or reproductions of any time will be eligible for the contest. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any lost Scratch Cards. Scratch Cards are the property of the Contest Sponsor, and may not be used for any other promotional, commercial, or other purposes without the authorization of the Contest Sponsor
iv. Prize claimant must be a resident of Canada. To be eligible to claim a Prize, Prize claimants must have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence or in the event a person under the age of majority receives an eligible “Winning” Scratch Card, they are permitted to transfer such Scratch Card to their parent or legal guardian, who will then be the eligible entrant.
v. Employees, representatives or agents of, or those domiciled with an employee, representative or agent of, ANNE of Green Gables Chocolates (the “Contest Sponsor”), the consulting, advertising and promotion agencies of the Contest Sponsor, the Scratch Card suppliers, Scratch Card distributors & carriers are not eligible to participate nor win a Prize in this Contest. Employees, representatives or agents of ANNE of Green Gables Chocolates as described in this paragraph are limited to those employees, representatives or agents who are providing services in any way to ANNE of Green Gables Chocolates. The Contest is not open and void where prohibited by law.
vi. By participating in this Contest, each entrant (and, if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees to be bound by these official rules and all decisions of the Contest Sponsor, which are final. Without limitation, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to administer an alternate skill-testing question as it deems appropriate to address discrimination or disability issues. vii. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not convertible to cash by prize claimants. Winning Scratch Cards are not transferable or convertible to cash except as specifically provided herein.
ix. By claiming a Prize, Prize claimants consent to the use of their name and/or photograph, and/or place of residence, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Contest Sponsor in perpetuity and in any media world wide.
x. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
xi. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, or misdirected Scratch Cards.
xii. By accepting a Prize, winners release the Contest Sponsor and their parent, affiliated, and related companies, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any Prize.
xiii. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, cancel, or modify the contest at any time, if it determines that for any reason the contest cannot be run as originally planned or for any other occurrence compromising the fairness or integrity of the contest
xiv. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English official rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including, but not limited to: the Prize claim forms, point of sale, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these English official rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in the event the Contest Sponsor becomes aware of any such discrepancy or inconsistency, the Contest Sponsor will place a correction notice on their website in the News section at www.annechocolates.com.
8. HOW TO CLAIM AN INSTANT WIN PRIZE i. If the claimant is eligible to win an “INSTANT WIN” prize, as previously outlined, this prize can be claimed at the time of scratching the Scratch Card on the same transaction
9. HOW TO CLAIM A NON INSTANT WIN PRIZE If the claimant is eligible to win any prize not categorized as “INSTANT WIN”, as previously outlined, the claimant must follow the below steps to claim their prize:
i. KEEP the winning Scratch Card.
ii. Email email@example.com the unique code found on the winning Scratch Card in the scratch area and the type of prize the claimant is eligible for.
iii. The Contest Sponsor will reply with a Prize Claim Form that must be fully completed in order to claim the prize. Included on the Prize Claim form is a mathematical skill-testing question that must be correctly answered before the claimant can claim a prize.
NOTE: the claimant must notify firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:00pm AST on March 1, 2025 in order to qualify. Any Prize claims received after 11:00pm AST on March 1, 2025, will be deemed null and void.
iv. The claimant will then have to mail their completed form and winning Scratch Card to the ANNE Chocolates corporate office inCharlottetown, PEI for verification. The Mailing Address is as follows: ATTN: Contest Coordinator ANNE of Green Gables Chocolates, 15 Milky Way, Unit 10, Carlottetown, PEI C0A 1H4
v. Once the claimant’s form has been received by the Contest Sponsor, and all information as well as the winning Scratch Card is verified, the Contest Sponsor will coordinate issuing the Prize.