Created by our ANNE community member Livia Havro.
With the mission of informing and educating the Portuguese-speaking community who live in Canada, Livia hosts a blog and a popular Instagram profile.
She provides, through its channels, high-quality visual content and easy recipes that explore Canadian-Brazilian gastronomy. In addition to that, she shares relevant products, exceptional destinations, and the best local business recommendations for the Brazilian community.
(If you have recipe ideas and would like to collaborate with us click here. Amateurs and baking pros are all welcome!)
Cup of Joy Mini Cheesecake, an ANNE PEI Mix Official Recipe
This ANNE PEI Mix no-bake cheesecake recipe is so simple to make, and the cheesecake mixture is possibly the creamiest and smoothest I've ever made.
Because it's so light and fluffy, I'm calling it my favorite cheesecake mousse! The individual serving cups make them ideal for serving friends, parties, or picnics.
For the salt caramel sauce:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
For the cheesecake:
- 1x 300 ml can sweetened condensed milk
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 300 g cream cheese at room temperature
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 g unflavored gelatin
For the crust bottom and decoration:
- 175 g Caramel Corn and Potato Chip - ANNE PEI Mix
Preparing the salt caramel sauce
1. In a saucepan, gently heat the water and sugar until it starts to melt. Mix gently until it is completely melted and begins to bubble. It will be cloudy at first but will turn into a clear, bubbling liquid. This takes about 3-4 minutes.
2. Next, carefully add the butter and whisk until completely melted.
3. Remove the saucepan from the heat and slowly pour in the cream, and add salt, whisking continuously until all the cream has been incorporated.
4. Set aside to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
Make the filling
Combine condensed milk, heavy cream, cream cheese, butter, unflavored gelatin, and vanilla in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk until it becomes smooth. Avoid overbeating.
Add topping & serve
Top with ANNE PEI Mix caramel popcorn and caramel sauce before serving. Enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE CUPS
Even though these no-bake cheesecake cups could not be more straightforward, here are some additional information to ensure that your mini cheesecakes turn out perfectly every time!
- I like to use Philadelphia cream cheese because it makes a super silky cheesecake every time. If you cannot find the Philadelphia brand, substitute full-fat cream cheese. Use regular cream cheese, not fat-free or light cream cheese.
- Be sure that your cream cheese is softened, but not warm.
- To make heavy whipping cream frothy when whipped, it must be extremely cold. Up to the moment you are ready to use it, keep it in the refrigerator.
- Make sure to gently stir the whipping cream into the cheesecake mixture to prevent losing too much air. Your cheesecake filling should be airy, light, and creamy.
- Giving the cheesecakes time to chill is crucial for optimal results. As it chills, the cheesecake filling will slightly thicken and firm up. I usually prepare them a minimum of 4-6 hours before serving.
This recipe serves 8 glasses of 120 ml (about 4.06 oz).
Cook along by watching Livia's video here:
Please let me know if you try these PEI Mix mini cheesecake cups! If your kids enjoyed it as much as mine, leave a comment below! Also, upload a photo of your creation to Instagram and tag it with @liviahavro. Seeing what you're preparing is so much fun!
Click here to purchase your own PEI Mix and make this recipe at home!