We have a pretty special baker for our next recipe!
Amanda Muirhead was a baker on Season 5 of the Great Canadian Baking Show and did an amazing job representing PEI. We won't tell you how far she got (no spoilers!) but she was awesome to watch.
CBC posting (Great Canadian Baking Show/Steve Carty)
When Amanda reached out with this idea for a treat showcasing not one but three of our products, the answer was an immediate "YES"!
A little about Amanda...
"I am a lifelong baker and Islander with a passion for all the fresh and wonderful products PEI has to offer. I am continuously inspired by the food, scenery and people of PEI and love to showcase what PEI has to offer through my bakes.
I was recently a baker on Season 5 of The Great Canadian Baking Show and I absolutely loved being able to show Canada a little glimpse into Island life through my creations.
I am a mother of 3, a forager, gardener, full time property paralegal, and I have passion for learning as many baking techniques as possible. I don't sell my baking but I love to share it with friends and family. "
To follow along with Amanda's awesome creations since the show visit her Instagram page @amandabakespei.
Island Delight Rice Krispie Squares
- 1/4 cup COWS Creamery butter - plus extra to grease the pan
- 40 regular marshmallows (or 5 cups miniature marshmallows)
- 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 cups PEI Mix - caramel corn and potato chip pieces
- 6-8 gummy lobsters, cut into small pieces with scissors
- 2 cups COW Chips milk chocolate, broken into smaller pieces
1. Prepare an 8x8 square baking pan by rubbing butter the bottom and sides of the pan.
2. In large microwaveable bowl, microwave COWS Creamery butter and marshmallows together for 30 seconds. Stir the butter and marshmallows and microwave in 15 second increments until the mixture is smooth when stirred.
4. Press the mixture into your prepared pan and top with more chopped gummy lobsters. A little butter on your hands or spatula will help you get the treats into the pan without it sticking to your hands or spatula.
5. Let cool then cut into squares and enjoy!