If you love mint you're going to LOVE this next recipe by Elizabeth Ezekiel, a member of our FANNE Club Community.
Elizabeth loves to bake because it lets her explore her creativity. "Baking is how I relax, and it is so fun to watch ingredients come together to make a dessert that my family can enjoy."
We agree Elizabeth and can't wait to dive into this cake ourselves!
When asked why she wanted to make it, here is what she had to say:
"I chose this recipe because I wanted to showcase the Mint Chocolate Truffles in the best way possible. This recipe includes them in both the cake, and the ganache, and I even threw some truffles on top."
You can find more from Elizabeth on her popular Twitter account @mama_ezekiel.
Flourless Mint Chocolate Truffle Cake With Mint Chocolate Truffle Ganache
Ingredients for the cake:
- 16 Mint Chocolate Truffles coarsely chopped
- ½ cup unsalted butter cubed
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp instant coffee grounds
- 3 large eggs whisked
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
Instructions for cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 . Grease an 8 or 9 inch cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
2. Place chopped Mint Chocolate Truffles and cubed butter in a microwave safe dish. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds, until smooth. Let cool for 5 minutes.
3. Pour the chocolate and butter mixture into a large bowl. Add sugar, salt, vanilla, and instant coffee, and whisk until fully mixed.
4. Whisk in eggs until fully mixed.
5. Add cocoa, and stir until just combined.
6. Pour into the cake pan and bake for 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and use a knife to loosen the edges before putting on a platter or cake board. Let cool completely.
Ingredients for ganache:
- 16 Mint Chocolate Truffles, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
Instructions for ganache:
1. Place cream in a microwave safe bowl and warm for 30 seconds at a time until cream is hot to the touch.2. Pour cream over chopped Mint Chocolate Truffles and wait 5 minutes for chocolate to melt. If chocolate hasn’t melted in that time, microwave in small increments and stir to ensure the mixture is smooth.
3. Allow to cool and thicken slightly before spreading on the cake. Whisk the ganache every 10 minutes while cooling. Pour ganache on cake and spread.
4. Once the ganache is spread on the cake, allow it to set before adding any additional garnish. (I chopped some more Mint Chocolate Truffles and used mint leaves to garnish my cake). Enjoy!
To make this recipe yourself, purchase our Mint Chocolate Truffles here!