If you've tried our Almond Toffee Crunch, you know that it would taste great in just about ANY dessert. Ashley Hansen, a member of our FANNE club has tested out this theory.
Ashley has been baking for as long as she can remember, and has always found it fun and therapeutic. She can now share this fun activity with her two daughters who were just as excited as she was to see and taste the amazing creation that came out of the oven.
We are equally as excited to dive into this delicious recipe!
ANNE Chocolates' Almond Toffee Crunch Skillet Cookie with Homemade Ice Cream and Salted Caramel Sauce
Cookie Recipe:Cookie ingredients:
- 2.5 cups flour
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- .5 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- .5 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- .5 cup Almond Toffee Crunch broken into small pieces. (Add an additional Handful of broken piece to add to the top)
- *coarse salt for garnish optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter your cast iron skillet until fully coated and set aside.
- Add the first 4 dry ingredients together in a bowl and mix until blended. Set that aside.
- Beat the butter, and sugars together until blended. Add the eggs and vanilla until blended.
- Stir in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until mixed together. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add your chocolate chips and Almond Toffee Crunch and mix until incorporated.
- Take your cookie dough and press it into your buttered skillet!
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the center is still soft!
- Once out of the oven allow the cookie to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with your home made Almond Toffee Crunch ice cream, salted caramel sauce and sprinkle with coarse salt! Dig in while it’s still warm!
Salted caramel sauce recipe:Salted caramel sauce ingredients:
- .5 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (light or dark work)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream (I use 35%)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Melt your butter in a saucepan over low/medium heat.
- Once melted add your brown sugar and cream and continuously whisk until everything is blended together.
- Allow your caramel to boil for no more than 2.5 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Add your sea salt to taste and mix.
- Allow your caramel to cool and then store in the fridge. (I reheated mine before putting it on the top the cookie for about 15 seconds)
Ice cream recipe:Ice cream ingredients:
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup Almond Toffee Crunch cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp salted caramel sauce
- Mix your whole milk and sugar in a bowl until the sugar dissolves.
- Add your mix to your ice cream maker and add the cream and vanilla.
- Churn for 20 minutes.
- Add your Almond Toffee Crunch and caramel sauce and allow your ice cream to churn for another 10 minutes.
- Please your ice cream in a sealed container (I like to top it with a couple pieces of the Almond Toffee Crunch and caramel) and place in the freezer for up to 2 hours. Enjoy!
To make this delicious recipe yourself, you can purchase our Almond Toffee Crunch here.